Sunday 4 March 2007

Oh Mr Darcy ...

Oh my word! Yesterday I had a Pride and Prejudice afternoon and evening. Steph lent me the videos of the BBC adaption of this novel after me telling her how much a I liked the recent film with keira Knightly. All I can say is "Oh Mr Darcy..." He makes my heart skip a beat and actually takes my breath away! He's beautiful! I have heard many people go on about the Colin Firth Mr Darcy before but never got what they were going on about until I actually watched the whole series and now I get it. Cheers Mr Darcy for giving me a lovely Saturday afternoon!
A toast to the beautiful Mr Darcy ...


So anyway, the ongoing saga with my puter ... I took it to the Apple Store in Westquay shopping centre yesterday. I went in and was firm but nice. They dealt with me straight away and signed it in to be looked at properly. They asked me if I wanted to back up the info stored on it. Thankfully, Nigel had already backed most of it up apart from my music. So I enquired into them backing this up but they were going to charge me another £35 to do that! Blooming swizz! I hope they sleep well at night! The bad news is that the apple man phoned me later to tell me that my puter was very poorly (aw bless it!). The hard drive is crunching away and needs sorting to the cost of just under £200. Oh flip! So what started out as a little software problem turned into a lot more.

So here I am on a Sunday evening watching CSI - New York in my jym-jams. The world could not be much better! I've had a good day worshipping at the Gap. Linda did our meeting this morning. I enjoyed what she spoke about. She talked about when in the book of Exodus the Israelites were building the Tabernacle under the direction of God via Moses and how Moses asked for them to bring their gifts, skills and talents to help build the Tabernacle. The people gave loads of gifts willingly until eventually Moses had to tell them to stop it. Linda asked us if we'd ever heard our minister telling us to stop bringing our gifts because they had too many! Not blooming likely is the answer! But because the Israelites all gave their gifts so willingly the glory of the Lord came down and shone on them. Wow! It's true what they say: "God loves a cheerful giver!"

This afternoon I watched Happy Feet with Lesley. I've never seen it before but it was lovely! There were a number of themes flowing through it about being an individual and respecting and making the most of each others talents and skills. Also about perseverance and about being tolerant and understanding towards other people and their views and ways of living. Plus a whole load of laughs! It's good - watch it!

Then finally, the Gap again tonight. Whenever I play the piano, no matter how confident or practised I might be I always make mistakes and they're really obvious mistakes and quite frankly, it sucks! Tonight, we were getting to the end of the chorus of one of the songs so i shouted out the first line of the 3rd verse to sing it again but I was too late and everyone started singing the chorus again whilst I played the verse! In the end I just stopped had a little laugh and the then joined in with them. I must learn that I cannot lead worship and play the piano at the same time - one or the other! I may be able to multi-task cleaning the bathroom and cleaning my teeth at the same time (no I don't use my toothbrush as the toilet brush or vice versa!) but I obviously need to learn my limits! Perhaps I'll get training in the college on how to be a better multi-tasker!

laters
cx

No comments: