Friday 9 March 2007

I'm soooo excited ....

I am so excited that I might stop breathing! I can't quite believe it.... I'm going to be an auntie! Yes, Heidie is pregnant! She and my brother are going to be parents - actually, that's quite scarey! nah, it's lovely and I'm very chuffed. Raise your glasses and toast to Richard and Heidie ....

They told me on 2 Feb. It was 7:30am and I'd just got out of the shower. It was mum's birthday so when I answered the phone Richard said that he'd just phoned mum to tell her what her birthday present was - that she was going to be a granny. My eyes began to leak! I wondered what this strange phenomenon was. Suz says that it's much more easier to get Richard to cry than me - I've become quite hard in my old age - and sure enough, both Rich and Heidie were crying at the other end of the phone. Then Rich became all macho and told me that he wasn't paying for a phonecall just to hear me cry! Aw bless him!

Anyway, It's due on 26 September which has made me even happier because most of the best people are born in September! As we are going out to see them next month, we probably won't see them again until next May unless we can wangle some cheap flights so I won't get to see my new nephew/neice for ages!

I'm also really chuffed for mum and dad because I know they will make fab grandparents. I think they might be known as the crazy ones! Mum and I were discussing what she should be called and we reckon Grandma or nana - she doesn't want to be called Granny. I think my dad might go for Grandad. For myself, everytime I hear Auntie Clare I think anti-christ and I don't want to be thinking that. Perhaps I should be called Auntie Clarey or Auntie Clarebear - we'll see. I hope that I am a big part of my new niece or nephew's life. I don't want them growing up hardly knowing me. I guess a lot will depend where in the world we all are.

So I've finally got my little baby back - yes my puter's back and working. I needed to have a new hard drive so all my stuff on the puter was lost. Thankfully I managed to back up most of it but not my music (I'd built up quite a collection over the years!) but I have a lot on my nano and I've still got my CD's so it'll be able to get a lot of it back on and in some ways I'm quite happy because I had accumulated alot of rubbish. Anyway as my mum often says, It's not brain surgery. What is brain surgery is that when they installed the new software and gave the computer my name - they spelt my blooming name wrong! IT'S CLARE WITHOUT AN 'I'!!!! for any favours! I ask you!


So here I am in bed typing. I have a cold. It has very cheekily gone into my chest but I'll survive. I have to try and get rid of it by Sunday as I'm leading my first dedication. I'm nervous - can you pray for me please? I'll tell you how it goes afterwards. I'm excited as well though.

I'm just generally blooming excited!!!!!!!!!

take good care!
cx

No comments: