Monday 19 March 2007

The dreaded Lurgy ....

I have had a cold now for over a week! I've had enough. I have currently got a cold on top of a cold! I thought it was going but as that was fading a new one crept up on me. My nose is stinging with all the blowing. Tissues are sore on your nose aren't they. I hate cold - it's evil.

Next thing to say is that my flat is on the market. It went on sale on Friday and today I had my first viewer. I wasn't able to be in when they came so the I had to leave it in the hands of the estate agent. I wonder if the viewers liked it. I had a little weird moment on Friday when I phoned the estate agent - Kevin - to tell him to go ahead and put it on the market. He asked if I had a set of keys to give him because he reckoned he knew some people who would be interested. So when I got off the phone I started driving home and you know that when about 20 million thoughts go through your mind in one minute? Well all in the space of about a minute I thought 3 major things:
1. When I told dad about me selling the flat, he said that was fine as long as i was sure that I was doing the right thing with regards to going into training. When he said this to me it kind of took me aback. I never thought that I wasn't sure about it! So I started thinking about that.
2. Kevin mentioned that he may know some people who maybe interested in the flat. So then I thought how strange and funny it would be if the first person who saw my flat decided they wanted to buy it straight away and make an offer on it!
3. All the things I have done up until now with regard to my future and going into training haven't really affected me - I'm still living and doing the same things in the same place - there has been not great cost. Putting my flat on the market is like - now it's serious, now there's no going back.

So this all freaked me out and kind of excited me at the same time. At that moment Marilyn Baker began to sing on my pod these words:
May the blessing of the Lord your God rest upon you day by day
May he keep and guide you every step of the way
And may you know his peace, deep within your heart
And may his love control all you do and say.

It was a real God moment. A moment when God spoke to me directly and said - don't worry, don't stress, it'll be ok, and I truly believe that and have done all along but I think I just needed God to reassure me and say that to me. God is brill - he knows exactly what we need before we even know it ourselves.

And finally ... little Zach, the baby I dedicated last Sunday, is back in hospital. He was puking all Saturday and Sunday so Nic phoned the hospital and they told her to bring him in. When he was in hospital, the sick started to go green - eugh! - which would suggest an infection somewhere. He has just had an operation tonight which found that some of the bowel was dead and looped around itself after his earlier operation which was causing the green sickness. They have sorted that but he may take a wee while longer to get over this. Keep praying for him please. God bless him.

Bed!!!!

laters
cx

2 comments:

Louise said...

Good luck with the sale and hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Clare for being such a great friend and support for Nic and I - and big thanks for little Zachs dedication, it was amazing!

Pete