Friday 16 March 2007

The new addition to the Bradbury Weirdness...




This is the new baby Bradbury! oooh I'm so excited! Isn't it such a clear photo? Normally I can never tell what I'm looking at in these scan pictures and I pretend and tell whoever that it's so cute - you know what I mean. Anyway, I can actually tell this is a baby! I can see the head, the hands and the feet - all three of them - only joking! But most of all, I think I see a big cracking great smile! Can you see it? What a cheeser! God bless it! I can tell s/he is going to bring a lot of happiness. Anyway, as you can see, the scanman is called Joseph. Richard sent him on a special course because he was rubbish and but he most definitely is not rubbish anymore! He's cracking! Top marks to Joseph! Cheers!

So yesterday's new thing - I went to my first school governors meeting! yes I am a governor of a school - Governor Bradbury that's me - to add to my list of titles: Cando Bradbury and now this. Anyway, it's all very interesting and it's a real privilege and responsibility. This governing body is for a new school which hasn't been built yet. So we're starting from scratch. The decisions we make now will determine the success of the school.

And now today... I've been preparing for Mpower. This is a training/retreat day which I am organising for the children's workers in the division. There are about 45 people coming which is great. My good friends Richard and Lee are coming to help. They are doing seminars on The Spirituality of Child and Creative Worship for Children and All-Age. So it should be a good day.

Mum stayed with me last night because she was getting the plane to Aberdeen this morning from Southampton to see her good friend Kathleen. Kathleen has been unwell for some time and has been in hospital for the the last wee while. Up until a few days ago the doctors and nurses had told her sister that they anticipated her coming home but they told Rachel on Wednesday night that actually Kathleen only had a few days left to live. When mum arrived at the airport she was told that Kathleen had died earlier this morning. So unfortunately she had not been there in time to see and speak to her before she died which I think she's sad about. In many ways it's good for her to be around for Rachel now because she'll be a good support to her in arranging the funeral and other decisions that have to be made. I know that mum will miss Kathleen very much. She was such a beautiful, gracious, elegant, discreet, gentle, and generous lady. My mum often talks about the support Kathleen gave her when we lived in Aberdeen and dad had his quaruple by-pass in Glasgow. Kathleen would travel down with her to see dad in hospital. They have been great friends ever since that time and have spoken on the phone just about everyday for the past 20 years. I know that mum has found great joy and support in her friendship with Kathleen over the years and will miss her greatly. I am really grateful to God for Kathleen; for the support she has been to our family and for friendship she has given mum and the rest of our family over the years. God Bless her!


Laters
cx

No comments: