Saturday 31 March 2007

I'm Shopped Out!!

I was in Southampton shopping at West Quay again today. This time doing some shopping with mum for our trip to Africa. We had with us our lists from Heidie of things to get for them both. We left home about 9:30am and didn't get home until about 6pm! My feet were aching! I do love shopping but I don't think I'll be doing it again for a wee while - I've shopped myself out I reckon!

I never saw the christian hotdog man today - I wanted to show him to mum. I was a bit sad about that.

So Heidie's list was quite big because she needs to get some clothes for her anticipated growth. I have never in my life bought maternity stuff and neither mum or I had any idea what we were looking for so we hope that what we got will be ok for her. We bought a few tops for her from Primark (my new favourite shop!). It's good because the sort of tops in fashion at the moment are long or really bouffant ones from the 60's and 70's so you can get a normal top knowing that it will be fine for HB to wear. Heidie wanted a skirt but we couldn't find one so I had a bit of a brainwave - I saw a summer dress in Primark which had an elasticated bust and so we decided that HB could use this as a skirt with the elasticated busty bit acting as the elasticated tummy bit for the baby growing and then when the baby's born she can use it as a dress again! Perfect!

So anyway, we also bought some cheeky baby clothes - not very much - just a wee bit of cuteness. I bought a giraffe:


Oh my word! How cute is that? I'm excited about my new nephew or neice cuddling up to it. I just can't wait!

So the day is over. My feet are still aching and I'm looking forward to getting into my bed with the electric blanket on. I've had a nice day and it was lovely to spend it with my mum. We had lovely chats and lovely laughs and lovely bargains!

laters
cx

No comments: