Sunday 18 March 2007

My Mum



(aka: Lady Rosa Jean, Wee Jeannie)

Seeing as it's Mother's Day I thought I would dedicate today's post to my mum. I know that many people would say that their mum is the bestest mum in the world - but mine really is!

My mum is the most kindest, gracious, selfless, wisest, generous, loving, beautiful, funniest, craziest, weirdest, godliest, caring, gentle, strongest, cutest, patient, thoughtful, encouraging, reliable, constant, creative, reliable mum - and person I know.

She is my best friend.




Some of the things I love about her:
I love the way she loves dad, Richard, Heidie and I with an unconditional love.

I love her for the way she listens to my incessant drivelling on and really listens and has the right thing to say when I'm finished.

I love the way she is so wise and knows the best way to deal with every situation.

I love the way she leaves the price on presents and cards.

I love the way she wears the most weirdest combinations of clothes and gets away with it.

I love the way she is so selfless and will so go out of her way to help people and not let it show in anyway that she's bothered.

I love the way she is so crazy and makes me laugh.

I love the way she always sees the good in me and encourages me.

I love the way she supports everyone - especially those who often people don't have the patience to support.

I love the way she's brought Richard and I up.

I love the way she never fights our battles but supports us and equips us to fight them ourselves.

I love the way she's exposed us to things which have really broadened our horizons.

I love the way she's protected us from things until we were able to handle them.

I love the way she gives me money for "bed and breakfast" when she comes to stay!

I love the way she comes out with the most weirdest/embarrassing ideas yet somehow seems to pull them off and people love it.

I love the way she phones me everyday.

I love the way she gets alongside people and encourages them and moves them forward.

I love the way that anyone is welcome in our house anytime.

I love the way she laughs at Richard and I when we're having a go at dad.

I love the way she hardly ever gets angry.

I love the way she loves looking at my pictures

I love the way she just says one word when she's going to do something eg: "coffee' (for making a cup of coffee) or "toilet" (when she's going to the toilet)

I love the way when she's says she's going to do something - she does it.

I love the way she knows me better than I know myself and anticipates what I'm thinking and how I'm feeling.

I love the way she gets her prayer mat out for you when you need it and gets all her friends to do the same and you know you're completely held up in prayer.




I love her.

I love her infintely.

I am immensly proud of her.

I am immensly thankful that I am her daughter.

I am immensly honoured and proud when people say I am so very like her - I tell them that next to Jesus I couldn't be like anyone better!

Thanks mum! I love you!



laters
cx

1 comment:

janey said...

yeah i would agree to what you are saying about your mum she has been an influence in my life too. she is a true woman of God.

you are a great person too and as i have said before i can see you like your mum in many ways

love ya mate xoxo