Tuesday 29 May 2007

They know it's near the end ....

Now I know my house isn't really like the house in Beauty and the Beast where all the household things come alive but I'm sure all my household appliances know that we're coming to the end of a very beautiful and happy time in this flat and are now on strike. First my washing machine carked it. It started making a very weird noise Sunday afternoon and then there was the burning smell. it happened mid spin and so I stopped it early and unfortunately the towels still had a lot of water in them. I put my heater on to help dry them off and left it on all night. In the morning it was so hot I thought I was in a sauna! It was ridiculous! Now my electric toothbrush has carked it! It jut won't charge. What's that all about? It's a disaster.

In anticipation of the end I cleared out my clothes, bags and shoes tonight. I filled two black bags. I feel a bit disappointed I wasn't more strict with myself and got rid of my clothes but you never know when you're going to need them. Maybe I'll have to have another go when i actually pack them up to leave.

Finally, I would like to announce that people are just not praying hard enough - the forecast for the weekend is still rain! Let me be clear - I DON'T WANT THE RAIN THIS WEEKEND!!!! I cannot cope with another wet camping weekend. However, this time I'm so going to be ready for it. Tomorrow I am going out in pursuit of wellies and waterproof trousers. I feel very sad about the rain.

laters
cx

No comments: