Tuesday 16 January 2007

So Long, Farewell

Well here I am again sneaking on someone else's wireless! People are so unknowingly kind!! Thank you whoever you are! Richard and I are sitting here both typing on our laptops the latest post to our blogs.

Anyway, I've entitled this So Long! Farewell! because tomorrow Richard and Heidie go back to Zambia. I can't believe how quickly this time has passed. It's been so good to have them here in the country even though they've been all over the place. Suz hit the nail on the head the other day when she said that even though they've been all over the country it's just been so comforting to know they are in the same country!

It's been so good to have them home. They are both so funny and so lovely. I laugh so much with them. This whole Christmas time has been so lovely and again it's made me very thankful to God for such a fab family who are also my closest friends.

Well, at least it won't be long before we see them again. Mum, dad, Suz and I are going back to Zambia again in April for 3 weeks which I'm really looking forward to. It's not far away. Then the next year (2008) they will have finished their 3 years and so they'll be back home again for a wee while until they decide what they're going to do next. I selfishly want them not to stay in Chikankata but I also want them to do what's right with God. I'm so unbelievably proud of them both and all that they have achieved. They have both been on a journey which at times has been so difficult yet they have dealt with things in such a strong and admirable way. I thank God for the way he has been all they've needed. I thank God that he has protected them. I thank God for his faithfulness to them. I thank God that they are in my life and that he has placed them there to be such fabulous influences and to make me laugh!

God bless you Richard and Heidie - you bunch of beauties!


1 comment:

The Smiths said...

That was my flaming wireless connection!!!! (but you and Richard are more than welcome to use it!)

Take care and nice to see you on Monday - hope the sofa was comfy!