Saturday 13 January 2007

Miss Potter trailer

Linda and I went to see this film last night. It was so lovely! Probably not particularly one for the guys but some might like it. Good on Miss Potter! She was a strong, beautiful and successful lady. Rene Zellweger who plays her is not on first glance the most beautiful person to look at but on second glance she has got real beauty - real natural beauty and watching her in that film I felt a sense of happy, peacefulness.

I read a book over Christmas called "Captivating - understanding the mysteries a woman's soul". In it the authors talk about how when you see a beautiful scene or view it makes you feel calm, relaxed and peaceful. However, when you're out and about in the centre of a busy town or city - it's noisy and chaotic and sometimes quite threatening. The author goes on to say that a woman who is content with her beauty - the beauty that God sees in her - her natural beauty - is like the beautiful scene: she makes those around her feel calm, relaxed and content. But the woman not content and searching for beauty makes those people around her feel hassled, uneasy and perhaps even threatened.

This really challenged me. I think most people have self-esteem issues. Some more than others and I know that I do. I've been really praying and thinking about this recently because I want to face this year and my future confident in who I am and in who God made me. So reading this gave me an incentive to be confident in the beauty that God sees in me and has created in me. I don't want people around me to feel hassled, uneasy or threatened. I want them to feel relaxed, calm and refreshed because only that way will I have any chance of being any good to God and building his Kingdom. Plus actually in my daily pursuit of continued happiness, I think this way will make me more happy.

I've got a good vibe about this year ...

laters
cx

No comments: