Wednesday 10 January 2007

Happy 2007!!!

I'm really quite excited about this year. Firstly, because I like the look of the numbers 2007. I love the number 7! Anyway, I've got a good vibe about 2007. It started off as I mean to go on - laughing a lot!

We were all at Mum and dad's for new year and Suz and Liz joined us. We ordered the most mahoosive chinese which was lovely. Then we played a few games of Uno and Taboo and then we "jumped" into the new year at Heidie's instigation and sang Auld Lang Syne. Then we went out the back to watch the fireworks "display" in the back garden. I type "display" in inverted commas because I'm using that word very loosely to discribe these fireworks. They certainly were no where near as impressive as the ones in London but caused alot of gasps! Mainly gasps of fear as a couple of them headed towards us instead of the sky! I've never moved so quickly! We all bunched into poor Liz - I'm not quite sure why because we were no more protected! Anyway, you know that way when you laugh so much you can't breath or actually make a noise? That was me on seeing the freak fireworks. Richard got them for half price at Lidls. That figures - Richard you were done!

New Year's day and we all went for a walk around Dawlish whilst mum and dad got the lunch ready. It was truly beautiful there.


When we got down to the beach we all separated for 5-10 minutes and just had some time on our own which was really significant for me. On that beautiful day, in that beautiful place, I just took some time to just thank God for being beautiful in my life and praying for the year to come.

I think poor liz got quite a shock when she experienced The Bradbury family plus Suz! I think it might have been a bit like going into the twilight zone for her! Anyway, here we all are. I took the photo on my phone using the timer - I love doing that!


So we did a bit of shopping in the first few days of the new year and got some good bargains. It's a good job sometimes that Heidie and i don't live in the same country because we're beginning to have very similar wardrobes! For christmas we both got the same top and then we bought the same shoes a well. I found a dvd of Miss Congeniality which I was wanting to see because someone once likened me to the character which Sandra Bullock plays - sadly I don't think this person meant the likeness in her beauty but I think it's more that no matter how much I try to look beautiful and glamorous - I'm still a bit of a tom boy / casual bird or was it more of a cinderella thing?!?

So last weekend, I travelled to Sunbury Court to take part in the assessment conference. This conference is for people who believe that God is calling them to Officership which is a full time minister in TSA. At the conference you have 6 different interviews (academic, pastoral, vocational, one from a member of the pastoral care council (another name for an elder), a sorting the practicalilties out one and one with the Candidates Secretary). We have an assigment to complete and a book report. There is a group work session and a group discussion session. Everyone was very nervous to start with but after we got the first night over and done with things became a bit more calm. I realised after my first couple of interviews that the assessors weren't there to trick you or catch you out which was a relief because I reckon I would have been caught out straight away. I have this fear that one day I will be exposed as a fraud - I wonder what Freud would have had to say about that.

Anyway, there were 12 of us all there going through the process but plenty of people also going throught it with us from a distance.. I was so assured in the knowledge of so many people saying that they would be praying for me. It is a good job that I don't believe in good and bad luck though because if the fact that my uniform skirt was so tight I could hardly get it on was an indication then that was not a good sign! Anyway, I did get through it all and I got through it very succesfully - praise God and thanks for the prayers everyone!

So now I'm back to normal having had a nice break and some good news to start my year off positively. I've got a good vibe about this year ....

laters
cx

2 comments:

janey said...

good mate and I will always pray for you. miss not seeing you as much but hey good friends are always there for you no matter what x good vibes for you too take care x

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Let us know what the outcome is...we'd be chuffed to hear!

Clarks of Pill