Tuesday 28 November 2006

Saliva City!

So last night was kidz club which I help out at. We have two clubs at my church on Monday evening. The first one is for 6-10 yr olds and the 2nd one is for up to 13 year olds. The 2nd club is just a hang out club - we put snooker, table tennis and other games out for them to just chill out at. About 20 kids come along and it's good fun - we've made some good relationships with them all. The 1st club is cracking! I love it. It's more structured and so each week we try and organise something for them. We have seven boys who come along and they are so funny. Last night we had a challenges night. We gave the boys different challenges like how many sit-ups they can do in a minute and how long can they go without blinking and so the list goes on. The best challenge was to see how long they could keep a malteser in between their teeth. After a while, the saliva builds up and then we get them to bend over and all the saliva dribbles out on to the floor- it's so funny and the boys loved it! What a laugh! It's great working with that age. They are so brilliant.

Today at work has been crazy. Yesterday Ian (who I work with) and I decided that we would try not to laugh at all today. However, by the time I got to work I'd already laughed very heartily about 3 times so I was on to a loser from the beginning. When Ian came in, he took ages to walk up the stairs and when he walked in the door he had this face on him which was trying so hard to not to laugh. He explained that he had walk up the stairs slowly so to get into the right frame of mind not to laugh - which made me laugh. It was hopeless, within ten minutes, both Ian and I had laughed millions of times! However, I love laughing! When I die, I want to die laughing! Wouldn't that be a fabulous way to die? I was thinking of the song Uncle Albert sings in the film Mary Poppins when they float to the ceiling because they are laughing so much:


I love to laugh
Loud and long and clear
I love to laugh
It's getting worse ev'ry year

The more I laugh
The more I fill with glee
And the more the glee
The more I'm a merrier me
It's embarrassing!
The more I'm a merrier me!

Some people laugh through their noses
Sounding something like this "Mmm..."
Some people laugh through their teeth goodness sake
Hissing and fizzing like snakes

Some laugh too fast
Some only blast - ha!
Others, they twitter like birds
Then there's the kind
What can't make up their mind

When things strike me as funny
I can't hide it inside
And squeak - as the squeakelers do
I've got to let go with a ho-ho-ho...
And a ha-ha-ha...too!

We love to laugh
Loud and long and clear
We love to laugh
So ev'rybody can hear
The more you laugh
The more you fill with glee
And the more the glee
The more we're a merrier we!


The rest of the day was just crazy like that - laughing all the time. People were just in a very crazy mood today - especially this afternoon. It was ridiculous. Looking back over the day and what we were doing, I find myself thanking God that I can laugh! I know that there's probably many people in this world right now who can't bring themselves to laugh for many reasons. I thank God that despite all the things that have happened in my life, I'm still able to laugh now. They say that laughing is very good for you and is like a jog on the inside. I reckon in that way I'm in good shape! I thank God that he has surrounded me with many people who also love to laugh! I love laughing!

However, with that in mind, I am now feeling a sense of mourning as tonight was the last in the series of Trinny and Susannah Undressed. I absolutely love Trinny and Susannah! I think they are very beautiful, strong and wise ladies. And I do believe that the way you dress says a lot about you but also makes a whole difference to the way you feel about yourself - rightly or wrongly. Their new series has been really emotional to watch. I love the way that they make people feel better about themselves the way they are now. They don't try to change their actual bodies but try to make the best of them. Bless them! I hope someone buys me the new Trinny and Susannah book for Christmas. I'm not buying it now in the hope that someone will! We laughed at the possibility of Trinny and Susannah coming into our office and making over all of us working there. I reckon that would be a real challenge but very very funny!

Right, can't write an epic again so I'm finishing up now. Remember, laugh - see how much better it makes you feel! Come on, you can do it!

laters
cx

No comments: