Tuesday 21 November 2006

Another Culinary Delight ....



My friend Suz she is a blooming fab cook. Tonight's culinary delight is Toad in the Hole. She's never made it before but I reckon it will be just beautiful. She has got the gift of hosting and I think I'm very good at being hosted! Anyway, Suz and I used to share a house with my bro Richard (whom I love very very much and miss loads - he lives in Zambia you know). The deal was that Suz and occasionally Rich would do the cooking and I would do the washing up coz I hate cooking so much! Anyway, she's moved down to Southampton now which is very good for me because I was getting quite sick fed-up of my cooking so have been making the most of it! and what's even better now is that Suz has got a dishwasher! Sooooo I don't need to keep to my side of the arrangement! Cheeky!! Suz has just said that she loves cooking! Out of the blue - no one asked her to say it and quite frankly she can keep it! I hate cooking! I'm not the worst cook - I can cook. I'm more in the Won't cook if I can help it group. If I ever find the man of my dreams (a very big IF because my experience of men recently is making me crazy! Is there ever a dream man? A debate for another day) Anyway, if I ever find the man of my dreams amongst many other attributes (standards standards!) he really must have the gift of cooking and enjoying it. I will do the washing, I will clean the toilet (I strangely find that rewarding), I will dust, I will hoover, (I would say I would iron but I'm not overly sure what that is!) but I will not cook if I can absolutely help it! I just don't like it! Have I made my point? I tried watching Saturday Kitchen to inspire me but it just made me salivate and just go and make myself another slice of toast. However, having said that, I do enjoy Tesco's Finest Chilli and Pork Sausages with wedges and roasted vegetables. mmmmnnnn! Sausages are just delicious.

Today has been a bit of a nuisance day. Ian (who I work with) and I were going to deliver a lecture on communicating with Children and Youth at The Salvation Army Officer training college in London tomorrow. We were flapping this morning getting our stuff organised and then Ian had a phone call from Lou - his wife to say that she had taken the third child in his collection (a long story - and a long family!) to the doctor because he has a chest infection and the anti-biotics weren't working so the doctor told her to take him to the hospital for a chest x-ray. On having the x-ray done, they found that poor baby Benny has got Pneumonia in both his lungs! God bless him! So they're keeping him in hospital for a few days. The wee soul! Anyway, that put a halt to our visit to London tomorrow so our flapping was wasted!

So only 2 weeks today until my brother Richard (or big dick as I sometimes affectionately call him!) and Heidie will coming home for Christmas from Zambia. They work for The Salvation Army out there at Chikankata hospital (check out his blog: www.charliechikankata.blogspot.com). They've been there since May last year. We went over to see them in April this year and had an absolutely fabulous time. We're going again next April. Anyway, I miss them so much. I know before they went they lived in Scotland so I wasn't seeing them very much then either but it was a lot easier to see them should the opportunity arise! Sometimes, I wish I had another brother or sister (delivered by the stork of course!) as it's a bit lonely with rich being so far away. I hope that God doesn't tell them to stay there! Rich is one of the funniest, most generous and most wisest person I know. And Heidie is one of the most beautiful but craziest person I know and when they are together they make me laugh.

Right - the toad in the hole is ready. I can't tell you how excited I am about eating it! It's taken some time to make but I know it will be worth it! will tell you about it.
laters!

No comments: