Thursday 23 November 2006

Hands Up for Coffee!

I love going for coffee with Marilyn! She's one of the nicest but craziest ladies I know next to my mum and Heidie! Every month or two we meet for coffee - just as friends but also as a support to each other. Our coffee sessions last for most of the day. We met at Starbucks at 10:30am today and we finished about 2:30pm! It's crazy! We reckoned that if Starbucks had one of those loyalty cards where you got a stamp for every coffee you ordered and then had a free one every ten coffees then we would be claiming our free coffee in one sitting! Anyway, Mazza - (as I affectionately call her - and Bazza her husband!) is great and I love her dearly. She's one of those people who you sit down and look at and just want to tell everything to her coz just by listening and smiling she makes things right and she's just so caring and encouraging. She really is a bright star shining in my life. God bless her!



Tonight I went to Dorchester to catch up with my mum at my auntie Anne's flat. We showed Auntie Anne and her friend Sandra the photo's from our trip to Zambia - just let me check, is there anyone who has not seen these photos yet because I'm sure between my parents and i we have shown the world and his wife! and just in case someone hasn't I've put in a cheeky couple of pics of our safari - the beautiful hippos and cheeky dung beetle. My Auntie Anne is something else. Once you meet her there's no forgetting her! If you ever watch Last of the Summer Wine there's a character on it called Marina who is Howard's fancy piece. There are likenesses between her and my Auntie Anne but Auntie Anne is about 20 times worse. when she talks she could go in competition with a fog horn and I have never met anyone else like her in my life. She and mum are like opposite ends of the spectrum the only common bond is their craziness. Nevertheless, I absolutely love her and wouldn't swap her for any auntie in the world. We're all going to Copenhagen for a few days next month and she is determined to get herself a danish man like Peter Schmichael (I take it he's danish - I'm not sure - that's what she says). I'm not sure if she'll find him in the christmas markets but I'm all for looking!


So the Toad in the Hole .... Oh my word! It was absolutely lovely and if you could only taste it over the website I'd let you have a slice from the picture which shows Suz showing off her prize-winning creation. Well done Suz with some very nice roasties and peas and sweetcorn - you just can't beat it. I bought a nice cherry pie and custard for pudding. I rolled home that night I tell you and I'm still rolling!


So tomorrow we're having a training day in my office. Its the DISC training - not sure what that stands for but apparently it's about finding out what role you take on in a team. It should be quite interesting. I like doing things like this - finding out what sort of person I am. I shall update you as to what I find out about myself. In the evening I'm going back to Petersfield to check out their kids club. They're showing the Polar Express which I'm very very excited about. It's a beautiful film and the animation/graphics are amazing. I went to see it in the cinema originally with Suz and Rach. There were many gasps of amazment from us during the film because of the graphics - it was so lifelike. The best bit is when the elves are just about to meet Santa Claus and they start with a "oooohhhh" which starts quietly and gradually gets louder and they move their arms from one side to the other above their heads and then break out into "You better watch out, You better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town" and then there is an enormous cheer and Santa appears! Woohoo!!!! It's sooo beautiful. If you've not seen it - DO! and do it this christmas! do it now before it's too late!

laters!
cx

No comments: