Thursday 30 November 2006

It's the end of the world as I know it!

Right! It's a disaster. Now this is normally me:

I love shopping! It's brilliant! I love it even more when I've got nothing planned for the day but to shop shop shop with my mates (good shopping mates: Suz and Rach - see below)

We just chill out and have a good old laugh. We shop, drink coffee, shop, eat lunch, shop, refreshment and shop. Then we go home and play wih our purchases! O the joy!

However, I've come more and more to the realisation over the past couple of days that this is more like me:

Yesterday I went for a look around the shops but wasn't in the mood and couldn't be bothered - what is that all about? I COULDN'T BE BOTHERED!!! I can always always be bothered shopping! and today, I went to the beautiful Tescos - my local and just was uninspired and only ended up buying caramel shortcakes as a consolation for the ways I was feeling!

So you see, it's a disaster! I don't know who to be anymore! Who am I? I do hope that this is just a blip in my life and that I can find my identity again.

Tonight I was going to look after my beautiful godson Hayden because his parents Caroline (my cousin) and Russell were due to go to the final practices for the big carol service on Sunday. Hayden is the most beautiful boy in the world - his father will not thank me for calling him beautiful - that's how you describe girls he would say. Anyway, poor Hayden had a collision with the ground today and had to go to hospital where he was stitched up just above his eye. So because of this, Caroline decided that she would stay in to make sure he was ok. I'm kind of glad about that because I wouldn't have wanted him puking on me if he was suffering from concusion. Last time I looked after him, his thank you present to me was a nasty sickness bug where I thought I had died and gone to hell! Anyway, I going to see them tomorrow to check up on them and I'm really quite excited about it.

Also today, my friend Liz text me to get my prayer mat out because her twin sister Nic who expecting a baby, waters broke in the night and the baby isn't due for another couple of weeks. Now a couple of weird things happened today because of this. Firstly I sent an email out to a few friends to tell them to get praying and all of a sudden as I'm having a chat to Manda on the phone about it, I get an email from no other than Nic herself - I asked her what on earth she was doing as I thought she was having a baby! It gave me a fright! She seemed as calm as anything waiting for the midwife. And secondly, I sent a text to liz to see if there was any news later on today. Liz told me that there wasn't but that her lower back had been killing her all day. I thought (because her and Nic are twins) that she was going to have a phantom baby and have all these sympathy symptons and was quite excited about that. When I mentioned it to Liz she told me it was because she thought she had a cold coming on - doh! How can she be thinking about that when her twin sister's about to give birth!

isn't life just a bit weird and crazy sometiimes - you just never know what's around the corner. A couple of people have used this cliche to me this past week. I'm watching out more carefully for those corners at the moment because some of them you just don't want to be going round - but keep right on that straight road! I've gone down some corners in the past couple of days I'm not happy with. I'm having a few days rest now.

Bed for me now. I think today has been the longest day in the history of the world!

laters!
cx

No comments: