Thursday 7 June 2007

You Tarzan. Me Jane!

So NRGize happened lat weekend. I cannot believe the weather. The week before the forecast was rain on Friday and Sunday but there was none the whole weekend - it was absolutely beautiful the whole time. So I am very grateful to God and to all those who prayed for good weather. It really was amazing.

Well, with the lovely weather I never got a chance to wear my gold-plated waterproof trousers. I went to take them back today but they only do either exchange or a credit note - bummer! I did however, wear my wellies as the ground was still quite wet in places from the rain during the week. I loved wearing my wellies! The are cracking!

The kids all did various activities mainly on the Saturday. One of the activities was the high ropes. This is various things you need to climb in the trees. One of the climbs was called the chopsticks. I did this climb in record time with my wellies on:


I was very proud of myself - it was very high! Ian also did this climb but not as fast as me. My boss was too chicken to do it (I said I wouldn't tell anyone but he's been winding me up over the past few days so I've decided to let all know! as payback)

On Saturday Ian also felt really unwell in the morning. So he took some drugs and had a lay out in the sun. During this time I sent text to some people to get praying for him as he was due to do the evening session. About 10 minutes later he got up and said that he felt perfectly fine! It was amazing! God transformed this situation. As soon as the evening session finished he bagan to feel unwell again and in the morning felt so unwell and Louise had also text him to tell him she was ill as well that he went home.

The theme for the weekend was 'transformation' and we looked at how Jesus transformed situations and people through miracles and talked about how God can transform different situations that we may face in our own lives. God certainly began to transform many live this weekend and for that I am very grateful and amazed. Rob, one of our staff sent me a text on Friday morning which said that he had just prayed for NRGize and felt God was saying to him "be prepared to be amazed" God really did stay true to this and did some amazing things.

To all the kids and staff of NRGize 07 - cheers!
laters cx

1 comment:

Rovin said...

Yeah, that weekend was great. It was very inspiring and was really enjoyed by all - thanks Clarebear!