Wednesday 20 June 2007

Twitty Twoo!

Well, what can I say.... what an eventful week i have had! You will never guess.... I have been romanced this week! yes romanced! I can hardly believe it myself. His name is Adrian and .... wait for it... he's my boss!! Oh my word! It's all very crazy really.

We've been good friends since he came into this job but I guess the friendship has blossomed over the past 15 months what with working together and having long conversation after work in the office when everyone else has left and I guess it all came to point last week where the relationship changed gear.

So, on Tuesday we spent the day in London together. We went to Covent Garden where we had lunch in a small cafe outside the opera house and could hear the music which was really beautiful. Then we walked around some of the famous sites in London. We walked through St James Park, had an ice cream and sat on a bench opposite the pond. It was so lovely because even though London was very busy - it felt so relaxed as we wandered around, chatting and it felt like we were the only people in the city that day.

In the evening we went to see Mary Poppins at the theatre. Adrian ordered drinks for during the interval and we drank them on the terrace outside. He was such a gentleman and made me feel so special.

What a wonderful day.

On saturday we spent the day at Longleat. We went on Safari, the boat, the railway, the house, the butterfly farm, the secret garden and the maze (that was funny - it said that it was a big maze which could take between 30-60 mins but only took us 10 mins to find the middle). Adrian brought afternoon tea in his rucksack: a flask of earl grey tea, strawberries and muffins. Again, such a gentleman.

Another wonderful day.

It's kind of weird knowing that I am to use an old phrase "stepping out" with my boss and I guess it's going to take a while to get used to that.

What's so lovely is the reaction from people when they hear about it. Most people say that they are not surprised but very excited and delighted and that's really confirming. Lesley in our office is telling everyone because she's so excited! She even told the sandwich lady yesterday!

Adrian is a really lovely, godly, caring, encouraging and supportive man. He is such a gentleman and really looks out for me. We both believe that this is a gift from God and that it is an answer to prayer - it's not like we've rushed into it! And so we're going to make the most of it and enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

laters
cx

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hey - me again. Just like to confirm that this is great news - wayhay!!

littlelaughalot said...

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh.....
....I can't believe it!!!!

Brilliant news....I am so happy for you both. Hooray!

Took a while but hey you go there!

Love to you both

Olwyn
x

The Smiths said...

Woohoo! That's fantastic Claire - I'm well chuffed for you both. I've only met Adrian a couple of times but I was really impressed by him - what has he done to deserve a nutter like you as his girl?!!!

Seriously that's absolutely brilliant - I'd have never put the 2 of you together, but now it's happened it kinda makes sense and I wonder why I never thought of it - kind of like wind-up radios - a brilliant idea, very simple, why didn't I think of it?!!!

Good luck girl - don't do anything stupid to wreck it!

Anita said...

OK, nosey parker here, totally butting in after seeing the photo on your facebook - fab fab news, two lovely people - well what I've observed from afar, and I always think two fab people deserve fab times - and perhaps a fab lolly too

Anonymous said...

fully enjoyed the blog what does blog stand for anyway bring a little fat geriatric midget I don't understand these things. Well done anyway I am glad you are getting him to enjoy himself. Gwynneth