Friday 8 June 2007

'It's a lovely day today ...

..... and whatever you've got to do, it's a lovely day for doing it that's true.'

So the song goes. Today I have been on our office outing. We've been to the Isle of Wight. It was very very busy because it's the weekend of the Isle of Wight festival so there were also many interesting sights to see. We made our way from Ryde Pier passing through Newport where the festival was being held, down to the Needles (a collection of rocks right at the end of the IoW)


When we got to the Needles we went down to Alum Bay where there is a beach and cliffs which have lots of different coloured sand which is beautiful. We went down the the beach on the chairlift which was wicked fun.



See how steep it is?! When we got to the bottom we sat on the beach for a while and soaked in the sun - it was lovely:


When we finally got back to Gunwharf we went out for a meal at the Water Margin restaurant which is a chinese buffet place. It's well nice. We went out for the meal as a sort of leaving do for Chris and Ian Barr who are moving to London:

They have been our divisional leaders and are great and lovely people. They are in the words of Linda:
Professional
Astute
Looney
Spiritual

Which all spell - Pals and that is what they are to us. I decided at the dinner table tonight that I was unable to cope with the leaving of so many people in the office over the next few weeks (Chris & Ian, Ken & Hazel, Ian, me) and so wanted everyone's move to be forgotten about or put on hold. We've been a really good team and I've enjoyed working with everyone so much. We have had lots of fun and laughter. Unfortunately I know that we all have to move on to the next chapter in our lives and I believe that God will amazingly bless but challenge us.

And finally ... I need to make a positive comment about my boss because apparently so far the couple of comments I have put in have been harsh and not an altogether true picture of who he is (well that's according to him!) Therefore, I'd like to document that he is a vey very good boss. He is very caring and encouraging and supportive. He is funny - even when he's winding me up! He is a very very good officer and has been a good example and influence to me with regards to my future officership. God really shines from him mot of the time - except from when he has his grumpy pants on! So I'd like to propose a toast to my Boss (or my bo as the mug which I gave him says because the cleaner has managed to wash off the 'ss' to make is spell 'bo' instead of 'boss'). I would put in a picture of him so you can toast him more directly but I fear I may be sued for not asking permission from him first!

Well I'm off to London tomorrow - not to see the queen but to take part in the Gospel Arts Festival in the Royal Albert Hall - along with a whole load of other youth choruses in the territory. I've got to be a DHQ by 9:30am!!!! Quite frankly currently I feel abit like I would rather eat my gallbladder than go tomorrow - especially as I don't know the songs.

Oh well another weird day in my life!

laters
cx

No comments: