Wednesday 28 February 2007

It's a disaster!

Not that I am one prone to over-reacting but I do think the end of the world has come! My puter is bust! jiggered! dead! knackered! caput! and I am oh so very very sad! In fact I cried over it yesterday I was so sad. I can't believe how much I have come to rely on it. I think I love it! (not in a weird way!) I took it to the apple store today and the man supposedly fixed it but when I got home found that he hadn't so that was a waste of time. Now I'll have to go back to the store in Westquay and I hate going to Westquay and it looks like the only time I can do that is Saturday which will be a nightmare! Oh it's a disaster! Thanks be to Suz who currently allowing me to use her little puter until she returns home from seeing her dad.

I would also like to announce that I am now officially a candidate (Cando Bradbury as my brother calls me!) I have been officially accepted to go to The Salvation Army Officer Training College in September. I have lots of mixed emotions about it which i have no doubt gone on about before but on the whole I am quite excited. When you become an candidate you get a badge which has a big star on it and inside the star is a big C which stands for Candidate. I've decided that on my badge it stands for Clare - "May I be a bright star shining" yeah? Anyway, I'm not wearing it coz it's embarrassing but I have displayed it proudly on my purse alongside my candidates fellowship badge. I've decided that I'm not gonna take up badge collecting! Too many holes.

So tonight I'm getting a bit of culture and going to the theatre with some people from work and we're going to see High Society. I've only previously seen the film and the last time I saw it was when I lived in Glasgow. I went to the Glasgow Film Theatre on the invitation of my friend Claire (yes I do have a friend called Claire - and it's not me before you think I've got some sort of split personality) to see the film on weekday afternoon. It was a sing-along-a-High Society. I think that we were the youngest people by about 40 years there. It was a very surreal experience - something that I'm quite used to having when I'm with Claire! But it was a good laugh and one of life's memories that you wouldn't be without!

laters
cx

2 comments:

Laura Whispering said...

Congratulations on getting accepted to training college! That's awesome =]

In response to your comment,
..thank you!

And 'The Way It's Gonna Be' is such a brill song <3 The first time i heard it it was your fault! (So much for not sounding like a scary stalker type, haha)

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Congrats on acheiving the lofty height of cando! What until they're calling you Cap'n!