Wednesday 26 December 2007

Joyfilled Christmas!


Happy Christmas from Zambia everyone! In my blog last year I said how every year Christmas is just a wee bit different – the tradition in our family seems to be that there is no tradition! This year is no exception. This year is a Christmas of first for me: the first in Zambia, the first with my first ever nephew, the first with my fiancé and the first without mum and dad!

Getting here was a bit of an experience. Because of Adrian’s air miles we were able to travel in World Traveller Plus which meant we both could have extra baggage allowance so we each had two bags to check in. I was very excited about being in World Traveller Plus – there was loads of room and the entertainment was on demand. However, my excitement was short lived when a family got on the plane and the boy then sat for the beginning of the flight with a sick bag up to his face! Now those of you who know my fear of sickness will understand that this was not nice for me at all! However, as soon as we got up in the sky and the in-flight entertainment started he was ok so I could enjoy the flight.

So we arrived in Lusaka airport and waited for what seem liked ages to get through customs, we went to get our bags. Only to find that there was no sign of one of the bags on the carousel – and it just would be the one with all the Christmas presents in wouldn’t it? So we queued to speak to customers services and in the distance I could see Rich, Heidie and beautiful Luke but couldn’t get to them because of the stupid missing bag. Anyway, the girl said they’d had notice from Heathrow to say that they had left the bag there and it would be on the next flight over! Praise the Lord!

We’ve spent a few days in Livingstone where we had breakfast on Livingstone Island which is just on the very edge of Victoria Falls. There are only 3 months a year when you can go over to the island so that was a real treat. Luke also experienced the falls for the first time.


Yesterday we celebrated the Danish Christmas for Heidie and today we are celebrating a small British Christmas but we are waiting for mum and dad to arrive on Thursday so we can celebrate Christmas for real, which we are all very excited about.

The run up to Christmas for me has been a bit non-existent and I’ve been complaining a bit because with being at the training college and doing all the assignments I was worried that I had lost the joy of Christmas because I haven’t been involved in much Christmas activities and have hardly any decorations up. But I have a card on my wall which I believe God used to remind me that joy is not in things it is in us. This joy which is in me is a beautiful gift from Jesus who when he was born brought glad tidings of great joy on that first Christmas and ever since then for those who choose to accept him.

Have a joyful Christmas!

Laters

cx

1 comment:

Marta Ager said...

Great stuff! Too busy to blog I suspect. Too in love!!