Thursday 27 March 2008

It's only 15 weeks ....



and 107 days until we get married! Yippee! and I don't even care that I'm counting! I'm excited!
I'm excited about being able to see my beautiful everyday!
I'm excited about talking to him face to face instead of over the phone.
I'm excited about not trying to squeeze everything we have to do into one day.
I'm excited about being able to spend the day doing nothing and not feeling like we've wasted time together.
I'm excited about working together with my beautiful again!
I'm excited about setting up home with him.
I'm just excited!!!

College has been so good for me in many ways. I have learned so much from being here but I am so looking forward to putting it all into practice now. Which is good because I'll soon be able to do that. I have now received details of my summer placement and in fact my placement corps for my 2nd year where I'll be a distance learner. I'm going to help my beautiful at Portsmouth North corps. Another thing which I am excited about! Everytime I visited the corps before I used to think how good it would be to be the officer there - now I'm going to experience that and that's cool!

College is challenging. Assignments, sermon outlines or meeting plans to hand in every week is challenging. Spiritual Formation is challenging. Trying to work people out is challenging. 39 people living together and working together is challenging. But hey, God didn't say he wouldn't stop me from experiencing the hard stuff and I know that's often when I learn the most about myself and who God is shaping me to be.

On the odd occasions we get out and about in corps or on our Personal Initiative Projects PIPs) I get glimpses of what it's gonna be like and that's challenging, scarey but exciting!!!

I'm still trying to be a bright star shining. It's blooming hard at times though!I'm in the process of becoming. I'm always in the process of becoming!

laters
cx

3 comments:

Louise said...

WOW those 15 weeks will fly in. It's 10 years since I was in your position. Scary how time flies. It's lovely to see you so excited. Really nice to see how positive you are about all the changes which will be happening. Take care Louise xx

reverendmavis said...

Hey!

Good to hear from you on your blog again!

Maybe you could end up in East Scotland one day!? Wouldn't that be fun!?

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too xxx