Sunday 29 April 2007

Never mind the apple tree in the garden of eden ...

Richard and Heidie have a very beautiful garden. There are many lovely plants and trees. It amazes me that the garden is so lovely because their garden boy - Bright who is a very lovely man - doesn't really seem to know much about plants. There is this beautiful deep pink flowering tree just outside the front door and I asked Bright one day what the name of the tree was and he called it a flower tree - helpful! I can see that!!!

Anyway, amongst all that is growing (and living) in the garden are banana trees, orange trees, lemon trees, papaya trees, onions, pumpkins and butternut squash. There is also the Avocado tree. I was most excited about this tree when I first found out until I was sitting under the shelter of the tree yesterday when an avodaco fell from it to the ground just very very narrowly missing my head! I did feel the thud and the vibration on the ground as it hit it. I have to say that I suffered from shock for a considerable time afterwards. I kept wondering what damange it would have done to me had it fallen on my head. Of course the usual jokes about it knocking some sense into me come to everyone's mind but seriously! I could have died or lost my memory which would have been a disaster!! It was weird because in the evening we watched the end of a film called 50 First Dates which is about this girl and guy who have this first date and then the girl is involved in a very bad car crash and can only remember her life before that day and will never remember what happens after that. The guy is so in love with her that everyday he goes through the process of meeting her anew and telling her all that has happened and they have their first date. It's a very lovely story but a bit too close to the bone in so much as her losing her memory after my traumatic experience with the avocado earlier on in the day. Mind you Issac Newton worked out the gravity theory because an apple fell on his head so who knows what ground breaking theory I might have worked out if an avocado had fell on mine - I don't think I'll risk it though.

laters
cx

No comments: