Tuesday 2 October 2007

Just in case you missed it ....

... my beautiful new nephew!


He's so gorgeous! I love him. I am eagerly waiting for a picture with him wearing the tee-shirt I bought in the summer which says "If you think I'm cute you should see my auntie"!

However, I would like to point out that I am feeling somewhat missed out in this whole situation. I would like you all to know that being an auntie is no less an joy and an privilege than being a grandparent - so why is it that my parents have received many "congratulations on becoming grandparents" cards and I have received diddly squat cards which say "congratulations on becoming an auntie". Why? Because they don't make them! Now in this day and age when they even have cards for Happy Divorce and Happy Birthday to my pet - why don't they have a card for me! I feel neglected and undervalued! I am very very very very very happy about Luke and his birth and very very very very very happy to be an auntie!

So the welcome weekend is over. It was fine. I marched ok. I saluted ok. I remembered most of my words to the sessional song and I managed to just get my uniform skirt on although it was very tight! It was good to see Rita who was the YPSM at Gainsborough Corps when mum and dad were the officers there about 30 years ago and remembers me when I was in the primary - and quite grizzly! It was also nice to see Dawn and Jim on the Sunday and of course, it was lovely to see mum and dad and my beautiful! I'm sad Richard, Heidie and Luke weren't there but they will be back soon and I am excited about that.

Now we have started our classes in earnest. We have had Understanding People the past couple of mornings which has been quite challenging. We have been dropped into the deep end a bit in terms of asking us how we would deal with some pretty heavy pastoral issues but I guess that's life. I feel quite affirmed in that some of the things we've discussed I've already encountered and dealt with.

It's all been interesting and at the moment I am feeling very motivated and determined. These feelings I am going to nurture and cling onto for dear life.

This afternoon we had our first sessional meeting - it's Ronseal (does what it says on the tin!). At this meeting over the next 3 weeks we will get the chance to hear every one's story. Already it's been really interesting and challenging to hear the diversity in people's experiences of life and of God but yet how he has had the same call on all of our lives - for such a time as this. The overwhelming thing that has already come out is that God is faithful! He's also very very very persistent! But actually, how when we give in to his persistent calling and signs things seem to fall so much into place. It's not brain surgery! So if you know God is telling you to do something, beware, he'll not rest until you've done it and then you'll rest so you might as well do it and save the hassle and time!

laters
cx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming an auntie (or should that be aunty?)