Sunday 2 September 2007

Ring a bling bling!


You are reading the blog of a very very very very smiling person! I am smiling because my Saviour from Numptiness, my Godsend - Adrian last Wednesday, on the shore of Loch Lomond at Luss in the beautiful sunshine asked me to marry him! I said yes - hence the picture above of the beautiful bling bling ring!

He really is wonderful. You know Luss has very many happy memories for me. I'm sure for most people there is a place which is a real spiritual place for you; a place where you feel really close to God, a place which fills you with happiness, refreshment and the awesomeness of God. Luss is that place for me. I always said that my dream proposal of marriage would be there. However, because I told everyone it seemed unlikely that this would happen as it wouldn't be a surprise.

Can I just said that God is a dream maker! He has worked so many situations out this year for me to make my dreams come true. Being with Adrian is one of them; this week away was another and the proposal yet another.

In truth Adrian and I knew pretty much as soon as we got together that God had planned for us to be together. Everything just clicked nicely. I often pray that I will live in the joy and contentment of God's plan for my life and being with Adrian has just put the cherry on the cake in that way. I feel a deep contentment being with him and a great excitement about all the future holds for us.

So we went on holiday this week. I didn't know where we were going - it was a magical mystery tour! We started off in the Lake District and then he drove to Luss on Monday. You can imagine my absolute joy when I realised we were staying in the hotel just next to Luss called the Lodge on the Lomond . I had the meal to celebrate my graduation here about seven years ago and always dreamt that one day I would love to return and stay here with the love of my life (you know - like girls do!).

The hotel is right on the shore of Loch Lomond and each room has a balcony with a direct view right over the loch. Here's the view from my balcony:




Isn't it so beautiful? And what's amazing is that everyday the weather was different yet the Loch with the hills behind never lost it's beauty - every time I looked I was filled with amazing gratitude to God who created all this beauty for us to enjoy and I was so grateful that I had someone to thank for the beauty. I wonder how people who don't acknowledge God as the creator manage to channel their feelings when they see such beauty?

Anyway, We went for a lovely walk on Wednesday morning before breakfast because the sun was shining so brightly and it was such a beautiful day. We sat on the bench overlooking the loch, watched as an aqua plane landed in front of us and as a couple of boats came in and moored at the pier and I joked about us witnessing a drugs heist (it was very peculiar - especially as there was a dodgy man hanging around) and Adrian asked me to marry him right there and then. It was so beautiful and I will never forget it. You see I am just an old romantic and he made my dream come true! I love him.


laters
cx

5 comments:

Louise said...

Congratulations to you both. Here's to many happy years together. I am presuming from the pics that it's Adrian Allman who was DYO for East Scotland at one point. I think me and him shared the same birthay and he was 10 years older than me.

Laura Whispering said...

Big time congratulations!

God bless you both xo

Anonymous said...

congrats to both of u,but please be more controlled in your open renditions of your time with Adrian,he is a private man and i think you talk toooo freely of your times with him,some things should not be plastered all over the world.

Anonymous said...

It's me again, 'private' Adrian. As you can tell Mr/Mrs/Miss/Whatever Anonymous, I'm a bit miffed by your comment.

A) 'cos it's an anonymous and I think that's pretty chicken!

and

B) 'cos you assume you know me, where your comments clearly say you don't! Clare's coming into my life has turned my world upside down and I think you'll discover that she is the one who truly knows me, not you.

Hey, to my beautiful Clare, I love you and I just want to say how I cherish you sharing my life so please ignore the anonymous comment above. You truly know me, understand me, and love me for all I am. I know you would never do anything to embarrass or hurt me and I thank you for all you are to me! Hey, at this rate I'll be dedicating a song to you on Steve Wright's 'Sunday Morning Love Songs'! Being far away these days, I assure you the first page I go to when I turn on the puter is your blog! I love it, so don't stop writing!

Finally, to the anonymous writer, how about you stop commenting now, as you show you know little of me and actually you've really annoyed me. I realise the web is there for open comments, but hey, I don't think there was any need for yours. Many thanks, Adrian

littlelaughalot said...

Here here....well said Adrian. I too have experienced the Anonymous comments. Blogs are there for people to write whatever they feel like...it's a chance to look into the life of someone and see what floats their boat and what doesn't. If it's not your kind of thing read someone elses blog, instead of leaving useless and ignorant comments.

Falling head over heels in love with someone is such a wonderful thing. What a far better world we would be living in if everyone expressed their love for one another like Clare has done for Adrian. God bless you both and don't ever stop letting the world know just how much God has blessed you both with one another.

love Olwyn
x