Tuesday 3 July 2007

A Whistle Stop Tour of my Weekend ....

Well last weekend I had my friends Jane and Ross come down for the weekend. It was really good to see them. we did lots!

Friday we visited the Historic Dockyard in the morning and got wet! Stupid rain! Then we went to Gunwharf, had lunch and then met up with Adrian so we could go up the Spinnaker tower. I love the tower because the views are brilliant. The Spinnaker tower was built to celebrate the milenium but wasn't actually opened until 2005 and on it's opening the mayor and guy who was in charge of it being built got stuck in the glass lift! ha ha! I don't think the glass lift has properly worked since! Anyway, it's still cool to go up and one of my special places to go.




There's a glass floor right at the top - you can walk over it. The men were being a bit wooselike:


So we went to Petersfield to lead the kid's club and then had a chinese at Adrian's - what a nice evening.

Saturday - God wet - stupid rain! However, we weren't going to let the the rain rain on our parade so we went to Beaulieu. It's got a Transport museum and we saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Wow!

And loads of other cool and old cars. Beaulieu would be a lovely place to go to for the day if the weather was nice. Next time I go I'm going to fix the weather.

At night we went to see Shrek 3. It was ok. Not as funny as the first but it was fine.

So Sunday, I went to Poole and finally did the meeting. My opening line was that I was so eager to be there that I came two weeks running (having come last week as well). It was lovely to be there - I love Poole, it's a cool corps. The kids stuff is fab.

Poor Jane and Ross had to deal with a lot of faff in the airport as they were flying back to Glasgow and there was all the problems up there due to the terrorist attack at the airport. However, they didn't seem to get back too late.

Meanwhile, I met up with the Poole lot at Moors Valley country park. I wore my wellies and splashed in all the puddles - it was wicked fun!!! We had a wellies club see:


So tonight, Adrian and I are going to Southsea Seafront to fly the kite and have a poke of chips. Am excited!

laters
cx

3 comments:

janey said...

thanks for a great weekend at least the rain did not stop us from having fun, love ya mate,
take care
Jane x

Anonymous said...

I like the wellies. G

Anonymous said...

I know I am a little fat geriatric midget and I am just getting used to this new kind of language but how do you log on it won't accept me ah !!!! Good job God loves me.