Tuesday 10 July 2007

Let's Go Fly A Kite ...

So Adrian and I have decided that once a week we will have a proper "date" where we'll make an effort to do something a wee bit different for just the two of us. The first one was to La Dolce Vita - a beautiful little italian bistro in Hamble. We went on a Wednesday night which is live entertainment night and a man was there playing on his classical guitar all these wonderfully romantic songs - it was so perfect it nearly made me cry (nearly - but I didn't!)

So last week (friday) we decided that our date was going to be down at Southsea Seafront (which is a special place for us) and we would fly the kite that I bought him the other week. Adrian of course was going on about him being a scout and doing the kite flying thing when he was a boy - you know, like men do. I just recalled the time when me and my family flew our kite on Dartmoor and I managed to aim the kite so it did a nosedive right on Richard's head (very very very funny to watch him being chased by this kite!)

Anyway, here's me flying the kite:

What absolute skill!

And here's him flying the kite:
Up ....


Up ....


Up ....


and down it comes ....


Adrian "oh stuff it - I'm too old for this!"


So then as the loving and encouraging girlfriend I am, I got alongside him and we flew the kite together - aaawwwww!


We then had some chips, sat in our little "Darby and Joan" shelter on the seafront and it was all a happy ending.


Stick around for the next adventures of the Adrian and Clare dates! We're going to Port Solent this week but I don't think we'll be sailing a boat.

laters
cx

laters

2 comments:

Anita said...

Nosey Parker, nosing in again - you guys look so happy, and having fun - never let that change

littlelaughalot said...

Aw...you guys are so cute! My mum and sister were over the moon when they heard you two were together. Never two nicer people they said!